Computer science Ph.D. program
The Computer Science Ph.D. School provides a program that supplies:
- a wide and exhaustive knowledge on the basis of Information Technology, Computer Science, and similar branches,
- the advanced skill on specific subject aspects that are essential for autonomous research activities,
- a cross-subjects knowledge to exploit arising synergies between sciences, information technology, and other research areas,
- a sound methodological preparation to carry out research activities, as well as their organization, management, and communication.
The Computer Science Ph.D. program prepares people, supplying them innovative and in-depth knowledge on specific subjects, that have a sound education, with an high flexibility and a wide broadmindedness. The Ph.D. program prepares students to autonomously perform and manage theoretical and practical researches, putting them in a position to contribute to the growth of the international scientific and technological knowledge. Furthermore, the program supplies the competences to design and realize complex informatics systems, developing innovative solutions, and transferring knowledge to organizations, contributing to consolidate and expand the role of Italian enterprises in the global economic environment.
The Ph.D. program didactics is organized to put beside:
- an offer of a number of initiatives structured in cultural-homogeneous areas, and didactic curricula, organized in short and extensive courses,
- other instructive opportunities, that comprise courses and internal seminars, as well as external initiatives organized by Italian and international universities, with the aim to widen educational opportunities and to favour the Ph.D. program internationalization.
Each Ph.D. student can build his own study plan selecting the educational initiatives of his interest.